Monday, November 24, 2008

Sunday Thoughts: November 23rd, 2008

“For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in His sight”

Sometimes I wonder how wise I think I am. Lately, I have been reminded that my strength is weakness in His sight, my love is compassionless in His sight, and my wisdom is foolishness in his sight. However, it’s not my strength, love, or wisdom that are being questioned, but rather it’s my focus. It’s the word “my” that attracts too much of my attention.

“My” strength is weak compared to His strength. “My” Love is compassionless compared to His love. “My” wisdom is foolishness! In fact, I am learning that my weaknesses are much stronger than “my” strengths when they are in His hands. When it’s my weaknesses that are being exalted I can accept no credit; the glory is His.

Why we are grateful this week:

1)
As many of you know, our travel plans changed at the last minute, and Jessie decided to come home with me on Wednesday. Our flight went extremely well. We decided to stay in the United States a couple extra days. Our return flight is now scheduled for 7am on Thursday morning. We will celebrate Thanksgiving on Wednesday night at Jessie’s parents’ home and then leave for China early Thursday morning.

2) My race went extremely well, and other than the bitter cold, I have no complaints. I finished in 9 hours 40 minutes and 43 seconds, more than one hour faster than my personal record. I placed 272 out of 922 runners, and now have the privilege of joining the “500 Club” for runners who have completed the race 10 times.

3) It was great to spend time with family and friends for the past few days. We played games, did some needed shopping, and ate good food!

4) We are also looking forward to spending Thanksgiving weekend with all of the other American English teachers in China. Newt will be visiting, and the other teams will come to Langfang for the weekend.

Please continue to “think” about us:

1)
You can continue to keep Jessie’s health in your thoughts. She is dealing with daily nausea and fatigue.

2) Please continue to keep our travel plans in your thoughts.

3) The Monday after Thanksgiving will be our third and final English club on the main Campus. Our “run-on” play will come to a conclusion, and Jessie will be speaking about the topic of “love.”

All in His name,
Brad