Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Thoughts: April 5th, 2009

“If he calls you, say, 'Speak, Father, for your servant is listening.'”

I have often wondered how someone could clearly discern the voice of the Father? As I read the story of Samuel this week I was reminded that the problem does not lie in the Father's ability to speak clearly, rather it lies in my ability to listen. Too often I am concerned with speaking, and I have found that it difficult to listen when I am busy talking.

How often do we invite him to speak so that we, his servants, can have the privilege of listening?

We are grateful this week:

1.
It was 75F and sunny today! It has warmed up in the past couple days, and it suddenly feels like spring. Everything is starting to turn green, and best of all, we will not need to sleep with two pairs of socks on our feet anymore!

2. We celebrated the Tomb Sweeping holiday this past weekend. All that meant for us is that we did not have classes on Friday, and we avoided all forms of mass transportation for the holiday weekend. It was really relaxing to sleep in a little, and enjoy the weather. Our students should return tonight.

3. Since the weather was so nice, Peter and I made it out to play basketball with some of our students yesterday. The courts were full of high school students enjoying the holiday, but we managed to find a hoop and play four-on-four with a few of our English students.

4. Jess returns to her normal schedule this week. She has completed all of her make up classes, and now we are focused on finishing the semester strong.

Please think about us:

1.
This Tuesday night Shannon and I will be hosting a small concert for the English students. We plan to share the time and perform some of our favorite songs along with some of our own songs.

2. Next weekend, all of the IECS teachers will be visiting us to celebrate Easter. I am excited to spend a couple days with our friends celebrating my favorite holiday. It is hard to believe it has been a month since we have seen the entire team of teachers. The weeks really seem to disappear! Please remember them as they travel to visit us next Friday and Saturday.

3. My parents are now in Iowa with my grandfather. They will be spending their time trying to find a realtor and an auctioneer for his house. As of now, the goal is to sell the house this summer and then my grandfather will move in with my parents sometime in August, just before his 91st birthday.

4. Jess' 3rd trimester has begun! Three months to go, and then a lifetime of ........? Either way, I am excited, and I cannot wait for July to come! If you would like to see a video of our most recent ultrasound, you can visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y12FeopIf0Q

Living outside the boat,
Brad