Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday Thoughts: October 5th, 2008

“Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of ‘the father’ belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of ‘the father’ like a little child will never enter it.”

As I get older, I wonder if I still chase after the Father with a childlike enthusiasm. I wonder if I still find the same joy in the simple pleasure of fellowship with the Father. Then, I wonder why I now consider those pleasures to be “simple!”

Life is not meant to be difficult for a child; the parents provide, and the child survives. It is only when I forget who I belong to, who I trust, and who my provider is that it becomes difficult. When I attempt to take the place of the Father, I see that life is much more complicated. I was not meant to be the Father, I was meant to be the child. So, I hope that I never forget what it means “receive the kingdom of the Father like a little child.”

Why we are grateful this week:

1)
This is the end of the week long Chinese National Holiday, and it has been a great week. We spent the beginning of the week catching up on rest, we went to a hot air balloon festival with other local teachers, and than we visited the other IECS teachers in Beijing.

Please continue to “think” about us:

1)
This Tuesday night will be our 1st English Club on the main campus, and Friday we will have the same club on the western campus. Shannon is leading the music, Peter & Jess Distad will be leading a couple of games, I’m organizing the skit, and Jess Shamblee will be speaking.

2) Please remember Tony & Lily. Lily is due to have the baby any day now!

3) We have learned of a native family who serves on our campus. Please remember them.

4) We visited with the other IECS team member on Saturday. Please keep them in your thoughts. Wil & Courtney Corder are in Tianjin, and Tim Phillips, Amelia Martin, Emily Green, Jon Allison, & Ryan Bettwy are in Baoding.

5) As always, please remember the “communication guidelines” when communicating directly with any of us in China.

Going the second mile and loving it,
Brad