Monday, September 10, 2007

Sept 3, 2007 10am


I went for a run in the rain this morning. It poured last night, but it had tapered off to just a drizzle this morning. The cool rain actually made my run much more comfortable then usual. It was the first time I’ve been able to run without distraction in China. While I ran last, it was like I was suffering from sensory overload as I listened to the different language and looked at my new surroundings.

Jess’ classes started today. After my run I walked Jess to class, and wished her well; it almost felt like we were college students again as I walked with her and carried her books. My first class will be tomorrow at 10am. Everybody back home will be getting ready for bed, on Monday night, at 10pm eastern time when I am walking into my first class at 10amTuesday morning.

Later today, I will finish my lesson plans for tomorrow, and I’ll probably try to find a set of speakers that I can use with my IPod. I wanted to use my IPod for teaching, but the speakers I have will not adapt to the voltage in China. The IPod works well, but the speakers I have are cheap.

Otherwise, we are doing well. Last night the four of us (Newt, Shannon, Jess, and I) ate leftovers and worked together on our lesson plans.

Again, hopefully we will have an internet connection in our apartment soon. At that point we can post some pictures on facebook.

There is so much more I wish I could tell you. Until then, you are in our thoughts,
Brad