Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday Thoughts February 24th, 2008

1) Peter is on the train to Hong Kong as I write this. He'll arrive at 5am Monday morning, our time. That'll be 29 hours on a hard sleeper!

2) Peter's Visa! For anybody who doesn't know, Peter was told he had to go to Hong Kong to have his visa changed. He should return by the end of this week.

3) English Week in May! We are worried that it could be canceled because of the impending college evaluation. There are two evaluations that the college must pass this year. The first of which is next week; the other will be almost two months from now.

4) Please continue to think about our team unity.

5) Our classes started this week! The most important time to remember is Friday, 2-4pm our time. That'll be Friday morning 1-3am EST.

6) I spoke with my father for 90 minutes last night. My mom is still in Iowa caring for my Grandfather, so my parents have been apart for a couple weeks now. It's been hard on them to be apart for the last couple weeks.

7) My Grandfathers diagnosis came back and they confirmed that he has Lymphoma. He was diagnosed with Leukemia a few years ago. I didn't know you could have both! Anyway, he's 89 years old, and I'm sure he's not in the least bit worried. He's a WWII veteran, with two replacement knees, a replaced hip, and a pacemaker. This will be just one more thing for the calmest person I know, and it'll make his 90th birthday that much sweeter in his eyes. However, this will be hard for my mother. In fact, even for me it will be difficult, since he is the last of my Grandparents.

Brad